Thursday, October 22, 2009

What a week

Today was performance day.
Started with a turn with David.
We worked again with chair work and really worked on solidifying the discoveries on the week.
Had some success in inhibiting the tightening in my middle back.
This is still new to me but I do feel like I am starting to get it.
David did share some interesting thoughts.
He said that it is impossible to be able to feel directly the effect of freedom in the top of the neck. You can of course feel the resultant effect in the rest of the body.
Also he said it is not really necessary to be too specific in trying to work out where this area is. Just a general thought of this area is enough for it to work. This was helpful.
Also he said inhibition in his view is more of a general thought not really a direct thought.
So it is better to think more of "I will inhibit my old habit" rather than "I will inhibit my back from tightening"
I think I do recall hearing or reading something to the contrary of this but it is still interesting to hear his view.
I mentioned that I thought my tightening in the middle back came before the pulling back of my shoulders etc and whether it might be a good idea to focus on this and then this will stop the pattern. He mentioned that it is better to think about addressing the whole pattern rather than a particular part of it.

Next we did a group session where we worked on our hands and knees and keeping the neck free. I must admit I was getting quite tired by this time of the day so don't recall too much from this.

In the performance session I worked on practicing reading without gasping and allowing pauses.
I felt I did ok.

I was really pleased with this week. I felt ok, but I was very tired today.
Find out about job tomorrow (hopefully)
I went for a 20 min walk today also.

No comments:

Post a Comment