Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Anatomy with visit from children.

Today started as usual with turns with teachers.
I put my name under Anne who is also our Anatomy teacher.
She has a no-nonsense and direct style which I must admit I really appreciate.
It has the effect of clearing up possible misunderstandings and making things a bit clearer.
In my turn, we did sitting and standing but I gained clearer understanding on some things.
When I was coming down to sit, she asked me to let go in my knees, and she noticed that as soon as I did this my attention moved totally down to my knees and left my directions (head forward and up etc). She also mentioned that my directions when I am giving them are going very well, which again I really appreciated.
I made the comment that one needs to be able to think of 2 things at once.
She mentioned that when looking at the idea of giving directions, it may be helpful to look at it like you have the directions using say 5% of your mind or awareness and then you use the rest to do what you wish to do, in this case sit down (or let go of my knees etc).
So the primary directions are like a background thought that you have as much as possible in whatever you do.
I did some practicing of this during the day outside of school and I must say I think I am starting to get the hang of this. My confidence in my ability to give the directions effectively is becoming stronger which is fantastic and giving me a greater sense of control.

We then had 3 young children (babies) visit the school to help us see in real life the reflexes that Anne had told us about before.
This was amazing to see. A 2 month old baby was watching what was going on in the room, the whole time she had a beautiful integrity of her head/neck and back. Even when she was looking up she was doing this from the top of her neck. We were able to see a lot of the reflexes in these children.

I have been feeling a bit sore today, but I can feel that by giving directions I am more and more able to release this.

No comments:

Post a Comment