Monday, October 26, 2009

Some simple things

My turn today was with Marigold.
She is a really friendly and animated teacher, personally I think she is just great. ( I am starting to think this way about all of the teachers, they all just have their own way and style, which I am beginning to really appreciate)
It is a real credit to David and Jenny, the schools directors to attract such a diverse and dynamic group of teachers to the school.

In my turn we looked at how the legs are connected to the lower back via the Psoas muscle and how by extending the direction to higher in the back this can release this area better.
Also the head is connected to the upper back so again extending this direction can help with further release.
We also kept on working with keeping my eyes aware.
Marigold also uses a lot of direct touch to wake up the area we are working on, I find this helpful.

I then happily accepted an offer to be a "student " for Anne a third year student while Jenny a teacher helped her.
I found this very interesting.
I definitely noticed that when Anne simply thought her directions and just touched me (not moved me at all) my body responded quite powerfully to move away from my old pattern and towards a mouch more comfortable pattern.
I was very valuable to hear the advice that Jenny had for Anne.

We then had a group session with Jenny where mainly first year students and one student who had come for just this week, looked at drinking from a mug or bottle and eating.
This was interesting to notice something we all do very regularly, is an opportunity to cause tension or not in our bodies.
Jenny then simply asked us to to sit down and direct our fingers and thumbs down our legs.
This seemed to provide a sense of support for our whole bodies. I found it very good.

Lastly we had a yoga session with Marigold and some other teachers.
We some very new things.
lying on our back, we lifted our arms and our legs in different ways to create new pathways for our bodies to build on.
I found this quite empowering and also quite tiring.
Man I was sleepy when I got home today.

Got my reading finished tonight.

I wanted to post a couple of links to this blog for anyone interested.

Firstly the School of FM Alexander Studies, where I am studying.

http://www.alexanderschool.edu.au/

Secondly the site for Body Chance Australia.
This is the Australian site for Jeremy Chance's plan to start a Sydney Training School.
He is running some introductory workshops which anyone is welcome.

http://www.bodychance.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment