Monday, October 12, 2009

Todays lesson.

I started off with a quick lesson with a almost qualified student who suggested I try an "all fours" experiment. I was to allow my body to rock forwards and backwards, all the time allowing the body to move forward or back by allowing more space. I have been really focussing on the fact that I have a tendancy to tighten my lower back or tilt my pelvis back when I move. I have started to learn to direct out of this and this I believe started me on a whole new change, which is both exciting and tiring.
We did an experiment with one of the teachers where we experimented with what is called "monkey".
Before we got onto this though we did the "scary" in my view thought of directing down...oh my god, was my reaction internally. It felt very wrong to do this as the opposite is exactly what we want.
But I must say it was very interesting. I could really feel the difference between the sensations of directing up and down. It gave me a renewed confidence in the power of the directions.
We then did a yoga session(with a complete emphasis on directing while doing it) . I am really beginning to enjoy these more.
Came home feeling pleased but quite tired out..normal day then.

No comments:

Post a Comment