Tuesday, October 27, 2009

An interesting chapter today

Tuesday is of course book day.
Today we discussed "medical diagnosis and training" out of "The Use of the self"
Although I found the reading itself a little tough, I found the discussion quite interesting.

I started with a turn with Margaret. Another really lovely teacher. (Picking up a theme here :) )
She had had a lesson or two from Peter Grunwald in the past
www.eyebody.com
so she had some interesting thoughts to share about eyes and the body.
I started today feeling a bit hurty but within 15 mins of semi-supine downstairs and then just a few minutes of a turn with Margaret I felt a lot better. I think I may have reached a new higher point.
Very exciting.

We then had a group session with Margaret.
We looked at observation. We observed each other bed down from a chair to pick up a book from the ground. I had done this before but it was very interesting to see habits of others and also myself.
We then some monkey and hands on back of chair.
I had a totally new experience while doing this!
It was great, I was able to do monkey without the previous work I had to do with my legs.
I must say, I find doing monkey hard work, but I think very much worth it.

We then went to the park down the road with David to do the book group.
What an excellent setting! and great weather, and a great idea David. I think we all felt happier being in the sun. I know I did.

We then continued on with a group session with David in the park.
We looked at walking and then some running.
We all watched each other walk to begin with and offered ideas of what habits we saw.
It was interesting.
Then we saw the difference after David put hands on.

No comments:

Post a Comment