Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Visit from moderator and a new discovery

I have been further experimenting with the yoga postures and I am pleased to say that they certainly did take the edge off this morning after I woke up with my familiar tightness and pain.

Today was book day. We read "Stupidity in Living", Chapter from Universal Constant in Living.
I have discovered again it is just too hard to do the reading the night before, I am just too tired and Mr FM is just not the sort of Author you can casually read. I am going to go back to reading it over the weekend when I feel fresher.

We have a teacher Penelope visiting the school this week in a role as a moderator.
This is for an independent person to assess how the students are going and address any issues any student is having. Really just a fresh set of eyes etc.

I had a lesson (one-on-one) with her today and I must say it was excellent!
We discussed inhibition and what this means in practice.
Interestingly she shared how she had come from a family background similar to mine, she was oldest child and always had to fight to be heard.
She noticed early into the lesson that when I was speaking and also recalling something then my eyes sort of drifted off into nowhere and more importantly I immediately pulled down.
This was a very interesting revelation for me as I knew over the years that I consistently found myself in actual physical pain and also very tired after I spoke for any longer length of time.
We worked on practicing on keeping myself present when speaking and recalling and I noticed a huge difference. I was talking for a length of time and I actually felt quite free and fresh and no pain. Very cool! I could have left for the day right then and there and would have been very happy.

We then had our book discussion time. This was interesting.

After break we then had a group session with Jenny and we did a little practice putting hands on each others heads while the other person was lying on the table.
This also was interesting.

I did also during the day get a few minutes of time with Michael (eyebody fan), this was cut short as my turn came up.

I have been reading and experimenting more with Peter Grunwalds book. www.eyebody.com
I am finding this also very interesting and noticing some release in different parts of my body as I think about different parts of my eyes.
As my eyes were the first part of my body that I am aware of that started to go wrong then I have a feeling that any work here could be quite transformative for me.

I have a job interview tomorrow for a part-time job to help support my studies. I am confident but we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment