Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A busy day with another big realisation.

Today would normally be Anatomy day but this was an exception.
While I was waiting for my turn , Michael very kindly offered to give me some time to do some table work with me.
I definitely felt some things were happening at a deep level. He seems to be very gifted.
I then had my proper turn, and it happened to be with David again.

We did some chair work, getting into and out of a chair.
I found that I was very early on in the getting out of the chair process doing a grab with my middle back. It was very good to become aware of this.
I also was doing it, just at the last part of getting into the chair.

We then had a group session with Bronwyn, a qualified teacher whom I really enjoy working with. We did something very simple and very important, breathing.
There is so much habits around breathing, and this is a great opportunity to practice especially inhibition. Breathing will actually happen by itself if we let it. I found that I do a lot of holding and doing in breathing. We discussed how the breathing mechanism is very much connected to the back also.

We then did a group session with David, where we experimented with simply lifting the arm in the air. It was really interesting to notice the difference between doing it with and without direction. So much freer and more height could be gained if we kept the spine open with directing.
I am beginning to really notice my directions working.

I then had a mini turn with Penelope.
She made me aware of my strong tendancy to gasp for air just before I came to speak.
We worked on simply waiting for the in breath to occur before speaking.
This was also very interesting for me especially as most of my professional life to date has been in call centres where I am speaking all day every day.

We then had a third group session , this time with Ria (who is just a lovely , soft and patient teacher). We experimented with exploring developmental movements that children would do from their stomach to move forward. We noticed how we could do so much with our bodies without having to shorten our posture at all.

I had my last job interview with my potential part-time job today.
I think it went well, I will find out on Friday. Fingers crossed.

It was a full day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment