Friday, November 6, 2009

A short week.

I started the day feeling quite sore.
I did some work with a fit ball, lying on it on my front and thinking about freeing up my back and shoulders and also my lower back.
Also thinking about breathing into these areas while on the fit ball.
It seemed to force my breathing onto my back, forcing it a little to move, when normally it was fairly tight. Did hurt a bit doing it, but it also helped.

I had a turn with Margaret.(yes you guessed it, another lovely and kind teacher)
She has come from a pain background also so I find a lesson with her quite helpful.
She gave me a table turn and she helped to ease my body quite a bit.

We then had a group session where we practiced a performance we plan to do at the graduation at the end of the year, while teachers put hands on.
This was fun.

We then had the official performance session.
We had ours with Jenny.
I worked on speaking again, and this was interesting.
I noticed and others noticed that I tended to prepare to speak even when the other person had not finished speaking.
I discovered there was also a tendency for me to nod my head etc with a thought to give the speaker the impression that I was listening. There was unnecessary tension associated here also.
I think this speaking in conversation habit will be a tough one to break but I think very worth while.

No comments:

Post a Comment