Monday, November 9, 2009

Day one with Nili from Isreal

Wow, what a new experience!
Nili has quite a reputation and I think well deserved.

I started the day feeling really crap, tight sore and tired.
Not a good way to start a big day..I have a job interview today also.

I had some own time downstairs to begin with, and I made use of the fit ball again.
This did help.
I had thought of maybe investing in one of these for home, we will see.

I then had a turn with Nili.
I can sum up the experience in 2 words.
"Miles More"
Direct you head forward and up ..miles more.
I must admit I really like this.
Really stretches the thinking. Lifts the lid.
Also "use your imagination" was mentioned.
One thing about Nili's style is that you never wonder about what she wants...I love it.
Also I discovered what up through the front of the body meant. I kept dropping down.
Although still sore, I felt a lot better after this turn.

I then had a group session with Nili.
I was "the student" to 2 more experienced teachers while we waited for Nili to come around.
Once again, "Mile more" was said and I went forward and up miles more. Wow.
I don't think I have ever been so forward and up before. It was really nice.
I felt really spoiled today, I probably had close to 1 hour or more of turns in total.
"Way more" and "escape from my hands" were two new phrases and I think they worked well.
Also the comment was made, to make the student work and not just rely on the teachers hands, I though this was interesting.

We then had a group lesson with Jenny.
This was interesting.
Two students sat across from each other and one placed hands palms up on from of them, while directing of course.
The other student then places their hand on the hands of the other.
The first student then moves the other students hands around.
Jenny very kindly then offered to use part of this lesson to help me get ready for my interview. I was feeling a bit tired so I laid on the table while the other students took my arms and feet and Jenny took my head and neck.
I felt really good to leave for my interview.

btw, it is about 34 degree in Melbourne today....ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment